How to Donate Burial Plots
Donating burial plots is a simple and easy process. The experience is not only rewarding but can offer you tax benefits for your donation.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Contact your cemetery representative and express your desire to donate your burial plot (s) to Children’s Burial Assistance.
- The cemetery will prepare a short “Deed of Transfer” for your signature and forward to us for our signature to:
Children’s Burial Assistance
5686 Fulton Industrial Blvd #44372
Atlanta, GA 30336
- We will send the original signed document back to the cemetery.
- If you place a value of $5,000 or more on your plot (s) you will need to have the burial plots appraised. You can download from the IRS website form #8283 for your tax preparer.
- During the transfer process which could take several months we will need the following information emailed to us at email@example.com:
- Name and address of the donor
- Name and address of the cemetery
- Description of the burial plot (s) example Lot D, Section 8, graves 1,2,3,4.
- Your estimated value of the burial plots.
- Any fees you paid i.e. transfer and/or appraisal.
After we receive the above information and have signed and returned the “Deed of Transfer” we will send you a donation receipt letter for your taxes.
Direct contact: Paul B. Lee (678) 551-0784
Thank you for considering Children’s Burial Assistance.